- Cabinteely Fixture changed
- James McSweeney called up to Irish u18 squad
- Cobh Ramblers v Wexford – Match Preview
- Ramblers to visit Waterford FC in EA Sports Cup 2nd Round
- Cobh Ramblers launch plans for floating training facility
- Cobh Ramblers v UCD – Match Preview
- Cabinteely v Cobh Ramblers – Match Preview
- EA Sports Fixture Postponed
- Cobh Ramblers Reinstated to Munster Senior Cup
- MATCH REPORT – Ramblers 5-1 Athlone Town
James McSweeney called up to Irish u18 squad
- Updated: April 14, 2017
We are delighted to announce that Cobh Ramblers defender James McSweeney has been called up to the Irish u18 squad for the Slovakia Cup later this month. They will face Russia, Czech Republic and Turkey in the friendly tournament which will take place in Bratislava.
James has made the step up from u17 level to senior League of Ireland football with ease and the 17 year old has been one of our most impressive players so far this season.
Having only joined Cobh from Cork City last January, James played a pivotal part in our u17 side’s successful 2016 campaign and he scored the winner in the Mark Farren Memorial Shield Final against Bray.
James progressed through the ranks at underage level with Carrigaline United before stepping up to League of Ireland level with Cork initially and now Cobh.
We wish James the very best of luck in representing his country at such a high level. It is a just reward for James and another sign that the club is going firmly in the right direction
As a result he will miss our upcoming First Division games at home to Longford Town and away to Shelbourne.