- Cabinteely Fixture changed
- James McSweeney called up to Irish u18 squad
- Cobh Ramblers v Wexford – Match Preview
- Ramblers to visit Waterford FC in EA Sports Cup 2nd Round
- Cobh Ramblers launch plans for floating training facility
- Cobh Ramblers v UCD – Match Preview
- Cabinteely v Cobh Ramblers – Match Preview
- EA Sports Fixture Postponed
- Cobh Ramblers Reinstated to Munster Senior Cup
- MATCH REPORT – Ramblers 5-1 Athlone Town
Cobh Ramblers Reinstated to Munster Senior Cup
- Updated: March 20, 2017
As a result of Limerick FC fielding an ineligible player in our recent Munster Senior Cup tie, they have been disqualified from the competition.
Ramblers therefore will take Limerick’s place in the semi finals, where we will play Wilton United.
The disciplinary committee of the Munster Football Association found that Limerick were guilty of fielding an ineligible player in Rodrigo Tosi in the tie at St Colman’s Park on January 28th, where Limerick won 2-0.
The MFA have decided that Limerick will forfeit the game in accordance with the rules, with Ramblers progressing to the next round of the competition.
A date for the semi final tie away to Wilton United will be announced shortly.
← Previous Story MATCH REPORT – Ramblers 5-1 Athlone Town